Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Wow, today was the best day so far in the last few weeks. I know I recently had my birthday, but the feeling I had today is different. It was undescribable.

For several days/weeks now, I've actually made the Mavs the center of my attention. Since I'm so bored to death at school, and it's so hot outside, I'd rather stay at home and watch their games.

I think it all started last March, when the Playoffs were drawing near. I'm excited, at the same time anxious. I was wondering how will I react if the Mavs lost in the series and not win the Championship this year. I was so sure they'd go all the way to the 7-game series in June.

Yeah, that was probably my fault. Not only me, but everyone who had been so overconfident, not realizing that it's not over yet, nor it has begun.

I don't blame all those people who had accused us(fans) of being so arrogant. Of course, I dunno in the case of the players themselves if they'd been overconfident too.

Anyway, this GS-DAL first-round series is probably the most exciting, tense, and, uhm, nerve-wrecking (the latter is for me) we've ever seen. A while ago, while watching the game on the internet ( actually not watching, just looking at the play-by-play feed from www.NBA.com), I was so nervous. It's like I'm about to jump on a high cliff. I was more nervous waiting for the new pbp data than when I was in the Debate contest.

After the box score displayed final, 118-112, I felt relieved. I felt so happy. I wanted to jump! I even punched the computer table at school(yeah I was in school) and the friend who was also surfing the net beside me. Man, I was so relieved. At least I would still have one game to look forward to.

When I read articles from the internet, I even cried at what I read. Seriously, I was touched by what Dirk said. It's like this: "I don't think I need to prove anything to myself."

You know, he's right. He's become aware that all people now are criticizing him, and his spotlight is a different one now. Maybe even some of the team's fans are doubting him now. But, there he is, coming out and not caring whatever those people say, especially the media. Those media make some stories, and even if it is true, they make it sound a lot nastier than it really is. It's like they're magnifying it 1000000000x. I really, really, really admire Dirk for that.


Here's another one: "Our guys are resilient, they have a lot of pride," Dallas coach Avery Johnson said. "We were able to finish, we were able to close out a game. When this team gets hot, it can be pretty special."

That's what I've longed for. The Mavericks that amazed me and still continues to. I've missed those comments from Coach Avery, because lately it looks like no one has something positive to tell about the team aside from me.


Here's the link, on case you wanna see:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/050207dnspomavslede.2ac0bf36.html
- Dirk's words
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2007050106- Coach Avery's words

No comments: