Saturday, May 5, 2007

Dirk Nowitzki is great, no matter what you people say

After agonizing over yesterday’s loss, I have no choice but to wait for at least 6 months to see the Mavs play again. And worse, probably 11 months before the playoffs. *sigh*

I’m glad that Mark Cuban said he won’t be trading Dirk. I am so glad to hear that.

I’ll still be a fan of the team. No matter what happens. As long as Dirk is there on the team, as a franchise player or not, I’ll root for the Mavericks.

I’ve liked him since, like, 6 years ago, when he wasn’t your next-door-superstar yet. Despite having Finley as their best player, I’ll go for Dirk, even over Steve. I saw a potential in Dirk, and from that day on I believed in him.

Anyway, since the playoffs began—actually I think since last year’s collapse of the Mavs to the Heat, Dirk has under been the spotlight. But not the positive one.
He’d been magnified to a million times, making his life more miserable then ever.

D-Wade wasn’t able to get his Heat past in the first round too, and his team didn’t even make the top seed in the East. But who criticized him?

NONE.

That’s because he’s a “superstar”. A guy who everybody wants to be on their Fave 5, maybe except for Charles Barkley and MC.

Those media guys, they make a story sound nastier than it really is. They’ve been saying all sorts of things about Dirk, that he should be traded, and he isn’t a real MVP, that he fooled all of us, and so on. They make him look like nothing but a piece of crap.

Fine, Dirk did choke in the playoffs, but come on, he’s done a lot of better things in the past. When someone good has done something that is not-so-good, people tend to forget all the good things that the person has done. And that’s what happened to Dirk.

Those media guys should realize that playing in this league is never easy, especially when you are away from home. And back in his home, people aren’t even as interested as us fans in basketball—they like football and soccer and Formula1 better.

I wish I were his friend, so I can help him make through this storms of criticism that is thrown at him right now. Dirk doesn’t really deserve so much of this. He has criticized himself too much already to even accept some nasty comments from everyone who doesn’t believe in him. I know, you must accept criticisms to help you get better, but I think this is too much. It’s like making buying a book for 10$ but telling it to your friend that you bought it for 100 bucks.

In short, those media guys are EXAGGERATING.

Can’t help but feel sorry for the guy. He’s just a guy who wanted to play basketball. Unfortunately, he can’t measure up to the “superstar” standards. He’s not one of those who appear on TV every now and then and endorse a pair of shoes and soda. In this bling-filled ballgame, he can’t be one of those guys who will be the face of this league. He doesn’t have the tattooes, bling-bling, so the American media can’t make him any better. If he does something good, they'll report it. If he does something not-so-good, they make it sound like he has put an end at the Mavericks' future.

In my opinion, they have become so overwhelmingly patriotic of their country that they have no more room for foreigners to appreciate.

Well Dirk, for me, you are still a great person, and your low-profile personality is I think what I like the most about you. Whatever those people say, I'll still be here, your number 1 fan, and will never fail to recognize how good you are, as a player and as a person. At least now you can be sure that not everybody in the world hates you, and you still have me as your friend.

GO DIRK!!!!!!!

No comments: