Thursday, May 3, 2007

This is it

Whew.

I've been so nervous, since yesterday. Actually, it's been since the other day.

When the Mavs went 3-1, I couldn't help but get nervous every time I think of the whole series. Then, yesterday when I woke up at 6 am, the first thing that came across my mind was Game 5 of the GS-DAL series. I thought, Today is "Judgment Day", so Papa God, please help the Mavs...

God is so good, as He's always been, and helped the Mavs crawl out of the possible early dismissal. I told Him, Please help them to win this game. I haven't thought about game 6 too much until today. I didn't want to think about it too early. You see, I've already envisioned myself cheering for them in the Finals since, as far as I can remember, maybe when they were at their peak of their winning streak/s.

That's what is wrong, probably, because I was being too sure. I didn't take into consideration that the Mavs still have to face other teams even before reaching the Conference Finals, like the healthy Rockets, ever- stable and strong Spurs, and the hungry Suns. Of course, the Warriors weren't much in my mind, since they climbed their way to the Playoffs late this season. And NEVER did I think that they would be a real serious threat to the Mavs.

That's another mistake, underestimating them. I just remembered an old saying, that my brother mentioned last night, "In basketball, anything can happen. The ball is round."

True enough, when you think of it, the ball is indeed round, and a round shape has no sides. So, in other words, the ball, doesn't take sides. It doesn't care if the team had won 67 wins in the regular season. It doesn't care if the team has just found its way to the Playoffs late in the season and just because the former no. 8 lost a game or two. It doesn't give a damn care.

In this game, anything can happen. It's not enough that you won the most games. It's not enough assurance that the other team is going to win just because they had 27 more wins. In this game, the team which is the toughest- mentally and physically- gets the last laugh. And this time, I hope it's the Mavericks.

We'll all know the result by tomorrow, if there will be a game 7. Let's all hope there will be. It's the only way to get to the second round.

But in the meanwhile, let's all pray for Game 6. Let's hope the Mavs will come out victorious. Don't overlook it, because Game 6 is probably as critical as game 7(for the Mavs), since it will be on the road in front of the loud crowd of the Golden State Warriors.

I know the Warriors aren't gonna give up too, they are tough too. They are strong and confident, and maybe those are just some of the huge factors that helped them win three games against a no.1 seeded team that had 67 wins. They stood tall and proud.

But hey, this team will never give up. They already knew what their goal was in the first place, and that hasn't changed. We know that the Mavs never give up so easily. If they're gonna lose, they're gonna lose fighting up until the end. The home players on Thursday night(Friday morning here) aren't the only Warriors, but the visitors are'Warriors' as well.

Whatever happens,

GO MAVS!!!

No comments: